Want to know about the basic Windows 10 System Requirements then please read article till the end.
If you are someone who is thinking of installing windows 10 in your desktop, then it is an important and absolute necessity that you consider things such as whether your system is compatible with windows 10, whether you have all the system requirements for installing windows 10. Often, people tend to install windows 10 without checking its requirements but later end up facing problems of sluggish functioning of the system. It is important to ensure that your system is compatible with windows 10 to soak in all the benefits.
Here are the Windows 10 System Requirements.
Minimum Specifications: Windows 10 System Requirements for version 1903
- RAM: Minimum requirement is 1 GB for 32 bit and 2 GB for 64 bit.
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster.
- Hard Disk: Requirement is 16 GB for 32 bit and for 64 bit, it is a minimum of 20 GB.
- Graphics card: For this, DirectX 9.
- Resolution: 800 x 600 pixels display.
However taking a look at the above requirements, one can surely say that these are optimistic requirements and the system will run with this but the user experience may not be great. Practically, 2 GB of RAM is actually very less and could hinder system performance. I would recommend the following:
Specifications: Windows 10 System Requirements for good user experience
- RAM: 4 GB for 32 bit and 16 GB for 64 bit.
- Processor: 2 GHz or faster.
- Hard Disk: Hard disk space should be at least 100 GB.
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.
- Resolution: 800 x 600 pixels display.
- SSD: 128 GB.
SSD is also very important in system configuration so I highly recommend having an SSD of at least 128 GB before windows 10 installation. If not, do install SSD. With all the above specifications, the system’s performance will have a noticeable boost. In any case, ensure that your system is at least close to these requirements. Even after all the above requirements are met, you are facing issues then it simply means that it could not be your system but something else.
Reasons for trouble – even after meeting the above requirements
There might be cases wherein people face problems even after meeting all these requirements. There might be a problem with the other devices that are connected to the computer externally, like printer, scanner, camera or audio device, etc. Your system is updated to Windows 10 but these other devices you are facing problem with may not be.
The system and the software are new but the devices connected to it are old. So it is important to upgrade them to.
If all these devices and the system are upgraded and still there is a problem and it is not delivering the best performance, the main reason for it could be the quality of the hardware. If the hardware is not of good quality, these problems can occur frequently.
It is strongly recommended that you use a reliable tool to test all aspects of your system and only then make the decision of going for a Windows 10 installation.
How to Install Windows 10
After ensuring that you have all the Windows 10 System Requirements mentioned above and tested all aspects of your systems, the system is good to go for windows 10 installation. It can be installed by following the steps below:
- Windows 10 installation files should be loaded on external hardware that can be inserted to the system. Then insert this hardware to the system. If you have not downloaded windows 10 installation tools, then visit the Microsoft support page for the same.
- Go to the Start menu on the bottom left corner and click on it.
- Then click on the Power icon which is just above ‘All apps’ on the bottom left corner.
- Then in the pop-up menu, click on the Restart icon to restart your system.
- Press and hold ‘Del’ or ‘f2’. These keys will help to enter setup.
- Once you enter setup, go to Boot tab / Boot options depending on the manufacturer of the system. You can use the arrow keys to select.
- Here, select the device to boot from based on the external hardware that contains the Windows 10 installation file.
- Long press on ‘+’ key or ‘f5’( based on the system) till your preferred boot option is in the first place. The system will make this the default boot option going forward.
- Press the enter tab and ‘save and exit’ from this to confirm the changes made.
- Give some time for the system to restart with updated settings. Now you’ll get an option to install windows 10 in your system.
How to Install Windows 10 in your pc/laptop:
- If there no changes to make, then click on the next icon.
- ‘Install Now‘ icon will pop up in the middle of the screen. Click on it.
- Then enter the windows 10 key and click on the next icon.
- Accept the license terms by checking the box and click on the next icon.
- Click on the Upgrade icon when prompted. This is a safer option, as it protects your data and settings.
- Windows 10 will be installed now, it might take up to hours based on the processing speed.
Click here to download windows 10.