How to take a screenshot on PC?
How to take a screenshot on PC?
Well, let’s discuss how you can take a screenshot on pc(Laptop/Desktop). Taking a screenshot on mobile is very easy and almost everybody knows about it. But how to take a screenshot on PC is not well known to everyone. So here we will explain all the details that how you can capture your screen. Actually Taking a screenshot on PC and laptop is extremely easy if you know the tricks. There are several ways using which you can create a screenshot of your PC.
What are the methods or tools?
Snipping tools: Snipping tools are great and awesome tools for novice people. It gives a high-quality image as a screenshot. This tool is a pre-installed tool that is available in all the windows PC from Windows XP to Windows 10. Snipping tools is one of the widely used tools in recent times.
How to use snipping tools?
The different steps to take a screenshot using snipping tools are:
- Go to the start menu and click on the search bar.
- Type Snipping Tools and click on the app.
- Open the Snipping tools widget and click on new.
- Now select the area you want to capture using the mouse cursor.
- After Selecting it will automatically take the screenshot.
- Your screenshot is ready now and you can save and share it with anyone.
Disadvantages of Snipping Tools:
- You need to do everything manually.
- Snipping Tools doesn’t capture the entire screen automatically.
- It will capture only the area where you have moved your cursor.
How to take a screenshot on PC using windows key ?
Windows key + shift + S: This method is amazing you can take a screenshot in a fraction of a second. Just press Windows key + Shift + S. When you press this 3 button together the screen will become off white and 1 pop-up will display on your screen. That Pop-up will give 4 options to choose from.
- Rectangular snip.
- Freeform Snip.
- Window Snip.
- Full-screen snip.
Rectangular Snip: If you click on rectangular snip it will work similar to snipping tools. You have to drag the rectangle and choose the exact area you want to capture. This method is good if you want to share on a part of your screen.
Freeform Snip: If you move the cursor of the mouse it will take a random screenshot. This tool is not that useful.
Window Snip: Window Snip is similar to full-screen snip. When you press window snip it will capture the entire screen.
Full-screen snip: Full-screen is one of the best tools to capture your screen. when pressing the full-screen option it will capture everything which is on display.
How to take a screenshot using PrintScr and Paint?
If you are in a hurry then this method is not for you because it takes some time.
Steps to take screenshot using PrintScr and paint
- Click on the PrintScr Button on your keyboard.
- Open Paint on your PC.
- In 3rd step press Ctrl + V it will paste the captured screen.
- Now save the screenshot using paint and share with anyone and anywhere.
Screenshot using windows key + PrintScr key
This is also one of the easy methods to take a screenshot on your Desktop or laptop.
Steps to take screenshot:
- Press Windows key + PrtScr key on your keyboard.
- Once the buttons are pressed it will capture the screen.
- To find the screenshot you need to go to the picture folder and check for a screenshot folder.
- Click on the screenshot folder and you’ll see the copy of your screenshot.
So these were the methods to take a screenshot on your pc.
What is Screenshot?
Screenshot is an image file that may be in jpg or png format. Capturing the screen of your device while it is on work is known as a screenshot.
Top 10 Softwares for taking screenshot on PC:
- Snagit: This software supports windows and mac operating systems and it also supports multiple languages. This software is beautifully designed for the user and currently one of the best tools in the market.
- Camtasia: This is an amazing tool you use this for taking a screenshot as well as recording a video of your screen. Camtasia can help you to create videos for your youtube channel. This software is very easy to learn and user-friendly.
- Snipping Tool: We have mentioned about snipping tools in the first paragraph. Please go through that.
- Faststone Capture: This is a paid tool that cost around 19 USD. It can take a screenshot in different formats and these are BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF and PDF.
- Jing: Techsmith software company has made this software. This is a free tool and supports both windows and mac.
- Skitch: It’s very easy and simple to use. You can share the screenshot directly to any social media.
- Greenshot: Greenshot is an open-source and stand-alone software which work very fast,
- TinyTake: It is developed by Mangoapp and it can record the work you do on your system and can take a screenshot also.
- LightShot: The UI of this software is very user-friendly. You can capture the screen in just a few clicks.
- Screenpresso: This software keeps all the details of your screenshot. It also supports multiple languages.
Thank you for reading this article please feel free to share with your friends.