Here we have discussed about How to change mobile number in Adhaar Card and how to change name in adhaar card. Please go through the article to know the details.
Adhaar Card is an identification card that is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India(UIDAI). It was established on 28 January 2009. This is the unique identity of every person in India. It contains bio-metric fingerprints, iris scan and photograph, and data of residence.
They issue a 12- digit number called Adhaar card number. The UIDAI stores all this information of every resident in a centralized database. A number which is mentioned on adhaar card is only for one person and not for multiple people.
An adhaar card is the most essential document when it comes to KYC, verification, and identification process. It helps in getting passports, opening bank accounts getting digital life certificates, availing Jan Dhan Yojana, getting LPG subsidy, and many more.
Aadhar has become so important for every citizen in India that no one can imagine doing any work without it. You have to link your PAN card number with Aadhar card as well.
How to change mobile number in Adhaar Card:
Changing a mobile number on adhaar card is not a tough task, you just need to follow a few step. You can change your mobile number or any other details of your Aadhar card by visitingAadhaar Enrolment/Update Center.
However, You cannot update the mobile number online.You can update your Address online in Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).
For other details updates such as Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email) as well as Biometrics (Finger Prints, Iris & Photograph) in Aadhaar you will have to visit nearest Enrolment Center.
If you are not aware of any nearest center you can book an online appointment to the center.
- Visit the official website of UIDAI : uidai.gov.in and select book appointment
- Login to the website using your aadhar number and OTP received on your mobile:
- After log in fill in the details given.
Here, HOF is head of family like grandfather, grandmother, father and POF is proof of relationship.
After filling all the detail you will get appointment details. You can visit the center with those details.
Adhaar Enrollment Center:
- There will be an operator available at the Enrolment center. All the documents are collected and verified by the operator.
- You need to fill the form given by the operator to change your mobile number.
- You need to carry a copy of your Adhaar card with you.
- Submit the form with the Prof of identity (aadhar copy).
- The operator will register your request.
- The operator will provide you an acknowledgement slip containing the URN (Update Request Number) of the request.
- You will have to pay fees of Rs. 50 for using this facility.
- You can track your update request through your URN.
- Once your mobile number is updated, you will receive a message regarding the same on your updated number.
- You can now login to online the Aadhar portal by using your aadhar number and OTP received on your number.
How to change name in Adhaar Card:
You have to follow the same procedure as above to change the name on your Adhaar card. As of now, you cannot change your name online, you need to visit the nearest enrollment center for the same.
In the form you need to mention your updated name. You also need to provide supporting documents such as birth certificates with the form.
You need to submit the form with documents to the operator and the same process as mobile the number will follow.
How to link Adhaar Card with Voter ID:
As per Government regulations it is necessary to link your Aadhar with your voter id. You can link them in three different ways whichever may suit you:
- BLO office (Booth Level Officer)
How to link Adhaar Card with Voter ID Online:
- Open the web address of the National Voter Service Portal in your browser.
- After You open the link a page will open on given and after that click on search in electric roll and wait for few seconds.
- After you click on the search electric roll page will open is given below. Read and fill all the details carefully all and clicksubmit
- You will reach the page which will ask you to feed your aadhar, click on feed aadhaar button onthe left side corner of page.
- After you click on feed aadhaar a new page will open in which you have to fill all information like name in aadhaar EPIC number (voter id no.) aadhaar number, mobile number, e-mail and then click onsubmit.
- A message will appear on the screen stating that your application to link Aadhaar with voter ID has been registered successfully
How to link Adhaar Card with Voter ID using SMS/PHONE
It is a very simple to link your aadhaar card with voter id just type ( ECLINK <VOTER ID><AADHAAR NUMBER>)and send an SMS to 166 or 51969.
Make a call on 1950 time 10:00am to 5:00pm and provide all your voter card and aadhard card details.
BLO(Booth Level Officer)
Aadhar can also be linked with Voter ID by submitting an application to your respective Booth Level Officer (BLO). The information provided will be verified by the BLO and after verification, it will be reflected in the records.